Privacy of your Personal Information
Collection, Use and Disclosure
We may collect your personal information directly from you or when you deal with us by telephone, letter or email; when you access and interact with our website; or from other sources. The information we collect may include your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and email address. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to contract with you or provide you with the information you may require.
If you visit our website, we may record information about your visit including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access and the information downloaded by you. While the anonymous statistical data we collect may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data.
Our website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by third parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these third parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that:
1. We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes: to order, supply and/or deliver goods to you, register and handle product warranties, communicate with you, to better understand our customer’s needs or to comply with our legal obligations;
2. For these purposes, your personal information may be shared between Purple Octopus and its related bodies corporate and may be disclosed on a confidential basis. We will otherwise not transfer your personal information outside Australia or use, sell or disclose your personal information without your consent, unless we are permitted to under the Privacy Act or required to by law;
3. You represent to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person, you are authorised to provide that information to us, and that you will inform that person who we are, how we use and disclose their information, and that they can gain access to that information;
4. We may include your personal information in a database compiled by us for use in direct marketing by us. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, we ask you to notify our Privacy Officer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
When registering as a Purple Octopus Wash Club member we may collect personal information for the purpose of registering you as a Purple Octopus Wash Club member. Any personal information collected by the Purple Octopus Multiwash will only:
- Be collected by lawful and fair means
- Be used for a lawful purpose
- Be collected with your consent,
The purpose for collection will be clear and explicit. Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information and the consequences of not providing it will be made clear at the time of collection.
Securing your Personal Information
Our employees are responsible for handling your personal information and educated about the requirements of the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act. Personal information that we hold on our systems is protected through the use of secure passwords and other security procedures including physical, network and computer security. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities. We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration.
Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date and ask that you let us know if you believe the information to be otherwise. You may request access to your personal information, provided your request is in writing and you provide us with proof of your identity. Your request will be responded to in a reasonable time and you may be asked to pay any reasonable costs incurred by us in responding to your request.